So, although I really have nothing to compare it to, the wedding this weekend was a bit weird. I don't mean that it was non-traditional or anything... I just mean it was very different then what I was expecting. The ceremony itself was only about 10 minutes long, and didn't include anything about love or happiness... only the reading of laws and everything. Then during the reception (with bad food, and even worse music) nobody really made any toasts or speaches about the couple. Not even the parents. It seemed pretty sterile. Anyway, it didn't help that my girlfriend and I were put at a table on the other side of the room from the two tables of our friends (which were right beside each other). We were put at a table with people who we didn't know and who talked about which new sports car they wanted to buy all night long (hmmm, the BMW or the Lexus?), seriously. My girlfriend being quite the environmentalist and me not even having a driver's license didn't really fit in very well. Oh well. I guess it's really not important if I had fun or found it romantic at all, it wasn't my day. I'm sure it's really hard to organize a wedding, so I shouldn't complain.
Anyway, blog summary time! I wrote it earlier, but need to type it up for you guys now before it's late!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment