Wait a minute. It's the end? Three months have come and gone already? I feel as though I barely had time to breathe, let alone take a minute to enjoy myself. However, thanks to this blog I can look back at all of the things that I have actually done over the past few months. And to be honest, I have done quite a lot! More than it feels like anyway. I wonder how much this blog has influenced how much leisure I do. Maybe because I feel like my leisure is being observed and tracked I have been more motivated to do things and to consider certain activities as leisure that I normally might not. This semester, between work, classes and thousands of stressors, I found time to participate in paintball, numerous weekend trips to Ottawa, I went apple picking, to a ceramics cafe, had a board game night (and other fun times with friends), went to a wedding and attended a film festival. Wow, not to brag or anything, but I am super impressed with myself. I wonder why, then, do I still feel like I NEVER leisure?! I enjoy the activities, they are relaxing and recreative. Perhaps I am just in school mode, and while I am in school mode everything seems slightly more negative and slightly less fun. Just a theory.
Participating in this class, like most other leisure classes, has forced and motivated me to really examine how I spend my time and put lots of effort into choosing activities wisely. And just really making sure to find (or make) the time to leisure. I am constantly being reminded of the importance of this.
I feel that I am now more prepared to approach leisure and leisure situations from a more academic, productive, and educational angle. I feel that I can leisure educate myself and others through various activities and situations. From now on I will be putting more thought into the appreciation and benefits of a leisure activity, and will be able to choose and suggest activities that might be more appropriate for a certain group of people.
To answer the question of what I plan on doing between now and when classes start: lots, and classes don't really start for me.. ever again. This semester was my last semester of classes at Concordia. I am completing my internship next semester, and then finding a job. So between now and January 19th (the first day at my internship) I plan on finishing my essays and exams, sleeping, and then running around like a crazy person for 3 weeks (Montreal-Toronto-Ottawa-Toronto-Louiseville Quebec-Toronto-Montreal.... YEAH). My partner and I are sharing Christmas between both of our families (a first for me), and that involves a lot of travelling. Thank goodness she has a car.. and a license (unlike myself). Speaking of which, I will also be taking my driving test to get my license, finally! I will be visiting friends and family and sharing some good times. I will also no doubt be preparing for the start of my internship (which will clearly involve shopping for a whole new work appropriate wardrobe, obviously). I can't wait.
This semester has been a challenge and a pleasure. Challenge is good and I feel that I have learned more this semester than any other. Honestly.
I STILL didn't go to a concert though! Not one all semester. This makes me cry a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good job. 7/10
Post a Comment