Instead of going outside and enjoying my rare 'freetime' ('freetime' = that millisecond of non-work and non-school time that happens once in a while), today I am sitting around waiting for my girlfriend's landlord to come do some repairs on her apartment. Obviously he is significantly late and our day is put on pause until he shows up, starts and then finishes his job. Fun. Thus far, today has not been a day of living leisure (lesson 1: freetime does not equal leisure time). To be more positive though this empty waiting around time has forced me to actually sit down and face the reality that school has started yet again and I need to get some work done (hence the blogging). The weather is also rather uninspiring today, so I'm not feeling too sad about missing out on any outdoor adventures right now.
To fill my time and entertain myself I have been listening to music all morning and doing some mindless web-surfing. I am currently in love with these songs:
1. Santogold- L.E.S artistes
2. Bat for Lashes- Prescilla
3. The Sounds- Painted by numbers
And these websites:
1. http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/
2. http://www.idiomag.com/
Check them out! You know.. if you want.
Tomorrow I am going to play (play? experience? do?) paintball for the first time. It is of course supposed to rain. I have no idea what to expect from the day, but I am definitely excited. It's an activity that I've been saying for years that I want to try. So tomorrow is finally the day. There will be pictures to share I'm sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi! I'm your TA for the semester, Jessica. Just wanted to say hi and I look forward to your blogs and can't wait to hear about your paintball experience!
Post a Comment