Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Wednesday

So it's the middle of week. I'm at work all day (7-5:30) which makes me want to cry because I woke up yesterday morning with a bit of a cold and all I want to do is.. well.. not work. Sleeping would be nice. Sleeping until I don't feel sick anymore. But that's not how life works, so here I am.

So I am now a paintball-er. I paintball-ed on Sunday and have the pictures, welts, and bruises to prove it. It was a lot of fun, slightly nerve-wracking at times and even stressful. Most people got really competitive, and there was about 50 of us, so there was a lot of fierce adrenaline bouncing around. I just kept thinking how weird it was to be 'playing' war. That's really what we were doing. The different scenes and areas, the weapons, the uniforms, the strategy... it was war simulation. I felt strange and slightly uncomfortable about this. Anyway, pushing my overanalytical brain out of the way.. I had a blast and would definitely do it again (just not very often, it's a pretty expensive activity). Here is a picture of me in action, with basically my entire body covered in a hundred layers of padding, so you'll have to take my word on it... it's me.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Great start. Keep adding to your blog.

SH

MyFairLeisure said...

Hi Hilary,
I think that it is really cool that you go paintballing. You went with 50 people, that must have taken some oranization and planning ahead.
I can definatley understand about work. I am working like 25hours a week. It gets really long because their is no one at the mall. Where do you work. Anyway I hope you feel better soon.

Rachel